sexta-feira, 20 de março de 2020

Article 19-42, Short Film, Review And Interview


Article 19-42 is a suspense drama set in a future dystopian society. We are seeing could be our everyday world. But it raises questions on what we are willing to do on multiple levels.

Article 19-42 reminded me of some of the older classic sci-fi movies I love because of the current setting and the questions they raise.

Article 19-42 was screened at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website). It was nominated for Best Foreign Film (from Luxembourg).

I recommend Article 19-42 for fans of science fiction that raise questions about today by looking through a lens of what the near future may be like.

Synopsis: In a dystopian world, Julie and Thomas cross the Northern forest in their 4x4, the atmosphere is heavy. As they leave the main road, they are met by an unwelcoming man. He was obviously waiting for them, they give him a sum of money. Together they continue deeper into the woods.

Julien Becker is the writer and director of Article 19-42. He shared what inspired him to become a filmmaker and make the film. He also tells what else he is working on and what he likes to do in his spare time.

What was the inspiration for Article 19-42?

Having children in this crazy world is probably what inspired me. I think we tend to forget what is really important, like loving, sharing.

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I have several feature projects lying on the table, but they all need plenty of work. They are all pretty much sci-fi or fantasy, so they all excite me, but I need to focus and work hard!

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I grew up in the 80s and got inspired by all this great movies Stranger Things is doing a tribute. When we were 12–14 years old my cousin Jonathan and I already wanted to do movies. At that time I was amazed by special effects and for some months I was dreaming of becoming a makeup artist or working for one day for ILM. At around 15–16 my father got me into photography and I later I actually started my career as a photographer. But my love for the craft of cinema never left me, so in 2010 I've founded a production company with Gwenael Francois and here we are.
 

What would be your dream project?

An independent film, powerful script and stunning visuals, well I guess a lot of directors are striving for these. It would definitely be sci-fi or fantasy. It would have a bold, mind-blowing statement, without being cheesy.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

Watching movies and trying to do some music.

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

That's tough, there are so many with different reasons to love them... I would say The Matrix, I was 20 when I saw it and it was like a punch in the face. The story was awesome, it was masterfully directed, it was visually so innovative. We had never seen anything like that before.

Oh wait, sounds like a dream project to me!

You can find out more about Article 19-42 on
IMDb (link)
Facebook (link)

You can also watch the trailer on YouTube (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).

Nenhum comentário: